Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Pot of Purple Petunias and a Doggie!

A friend inspired me to plant some Petunias this Spring. I chose "Blue Lace", as it is my favourite colour Petunia. It came in very handy as a reference, when the same friend asked me to do a painting for her mother's seventieth birthday, containing Petunias, Bogainvilla, and... her favourite little doggie.

Not sure how all these subjects would fit together on a 200 x 150mm painting, I first did a watercolour with a pot of petunias and a few other related items:

SOLD
Watercolour, aquarell & pencil - 200x150mm



***************************************************
***************************************************
THE ABOVE PICTURE IS AVAILABLE AS
A GREETING CARD.
MORE DETAILS ABOUT ORDERING
MY GREETING CARDS
WILL FOLLOW SOON.
DESIGNS INCLUDE NGUNI, BIRDS
AND OTHER POPULAR PAINTINGS.

In the mean time I can be contacted at

************************************
************************************


I then attempted the combination including the little doggie, using first watercolour, and then adding acrylic in several areas, especially the wall and the paving:


SOLD
Watercolour and Acrylic - 150 x 200mm



My client opted to take both and had them framed together!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erna..... I'm really enjoying your paintings... Lovely to meet a fellow S African who enjoys nature like I do. Love your work!! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Pin It button on image hover